Air travel can be both exciting and challenging, especially when it involves navigating through busy airports like Chennai and Delhi. Being at these two major airports can be sometimes tricky because you might encounter some challenges like security checks, flight delays, confusing layouts, crowded areas, and language barriers. But with the right tips and tricks, you can master them like a seasoned traveller.
Here are some airport hacks to help you navigate Chennai and Delhi airports like a pro.
Chennai International Airport
- Early Check-in:You must arrive early at Chennai airport for your flight. Early check-in allows you to avoid long queues and get through security faster. This saves you more time to finish the security check and relax before your Chennai to Delhi flight.
- Online Check-in and E-Boarding Pass:To cut down on airport time, do an online check-in before you reach. Numerous airlines provide e-boarding passes, letting you bypass check-in counters. Just show your phone or printed pass at security for a smoother journey.
- Lounge Access: If you have a long layover or want a comfortable place to wait for your flight, consider purchasing a lounge pass. Chennai airport has lounges that offer amenities like comfortable seating, refreshments, and Wi-Fi.
- ATMs:You can withdraw cash from ATMs at the airportfor any last-minute expenses or convenience during your travel.
- Pre-book Transportation: To avoid any hassle after deboarding your Delhi to Chennai flight, consider using Ola and Uber servicesat the airport. Or you can opt for pre-paid taxis to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey to your destination.
Indira Gandhi International Airport:
- Terminal Knowledge: Delhi Airport is vast and has multiple terminals. Therefore, opt for online check-in to determine the terminal your flight departs from or arrives at beforehand to avoid confusion and rushing between terminals.
- Relaxation Zones: If you have a long layover or a delayed flight, look for relaxation zones or designated sleeping areas in the airport. Delhi airport has comfortable lounges where you can rest and recharge.
- Public Transport: Save money by opting for public transportation after deboarding your Chennai to Delhi flight like the Airport Express Metro or buses to get to the city centre. The Airport Express Metro is especially convenient and will quickly take you to New Delhi railway station.
General Airport Hacks:
- Travel Light: Avoid check-in luggage, if possible, opt for a carry-on bag instead. This will save time during check-in and baggage claim. Moreover, you won’t have to worry about situations of lost luggage.
- Stay Hydrated and Snack Smart:Carry an empty water bottle to fill water after passing security and pack some healthy snacks to keep you fuelled during your journey.
- Download Apps: Download relevant apps for the airports, airlines, and travel services to receive updates and streamline your travel experience.
With these airport hacks, you can navigate through Chennai and Delhi airports without a problem. Remember to plan, stay informed, and embrace the adventure of air travel. Happy flying!